You’re little question conscious that Disney World, together with Disney properties around the globe, closed the gates to their Magic Kingdoms in March, in response to the Coronavirus Pandemic. Now we need to know, when is Disney World Reopening, and the way will it’s totally different? Disney officers are desirous to welcome company again to the parks, however need to make sure it’s finished safely. Let’s learn the way! (Word: There’s a lot to unpack right here. Think about using the Contents to skip to your space of curiosity.)
- 11 July 2020: Walt Disney World is open once more! USA Right this moment / Orlando Weekly columnist Seth Kubersky Tweeted his means by means of the day within the Magic Kingdom, embedded under.
- 08 July 2020: Up to date steering on face coverings underneath How Visiting Disney World is Altering.
- 24 June 2020: Disneyland delayed, Tokyo Disneyland & DisneySea moved up.
- 23 June 2020: Disneyland Paris reopening strikes up; extra eating info; extra Disney World lodge reopenings introduced; and Disney’s Hollywood Studios reaches capability on Day One.
- 22 June 2020: Disney World Park Reservation system opens; extra particulars on temperature checks, Park Hopper choices, and Rides, Sights & Occasions.
- 20 June 2020 with extra particulars on eating reservations, Disneyland Hong Kong opens, and the NBA in WDW.
M-I-C… See ya actual quickly! (As in, July!)
Okay-E-Y… Why? As a result of we miss you!
In late Could, Disney World submitted their plans to start a measured re-opening of the Happiest Place on Earth, following the profitable reopening of Shanghai Disney Resort, and Disney Springs in Orlando:
“Pending Orange County and state approval, our Walt Disney World Resort proposal plans for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom to start a phased reopening to most people on July 11, adopted by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15.” – Disney Parks Weblog
Let’s repeat these dates:
- Magic Kingdom Park: 11 July
- Animal Kingdom Park: 11 July
- Epcot: 15 Jully
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 15 July
It is not going to be a return to regular, although. Among the many proposed security measures are limiting park capability and a brand new reservations system for park entry. In keeping with Disney CEO Bob Chapek, the parks will “proceed to observe enhanced security protocols primarily based upon relevant steering from well being authorities and authorities companies…”
You’ll discover there are not any dates given for the waterparks, Blizzard Seashore and Hurricane Lagoon. Water parks pose very totally different issues, which have but to be labored out. Along with COVID-19 considerations, Hurricane Lagoon can be present process enhancements. There isn’t a schedule posted for once we can anticipate both park to reopen.
Up to date: How Visiting Disney World Is Altering
Listed here are the small print we’ve got realized up to now:
- Solid members and all company over age 2 can be required to put on face coverings, each within the parks and in widespread areas of resort accommodations. (Extra particulars under.)
- Company and Solid can be screened for temperature earlier than getting into a theme park. Any visitor with a fever of 100.4 or increased is not going to be admitted to the park, and neither will their social gathering. That is necessary to notice; if anybody in your group is sick, it could stop everybody from getting in.
- Cashless transactions are really helpful.
- Cleansing and disinfection procedures can be elevated in high-traffic areas.
- Rides, eating places, and transportation (Monorail, buses, ferries) will restrict seating for social distancing.
- Shops within the parks and in Disney Springs might decrease capability to allow social distancing.
- “Excessive-touch” occasions, akin to character Meet & Greets, Bippity Boppity Boutique makeovers, and playgrounds, are on maintain.
- “Massive gathering” points of interest and occasions – like parades and nighttime spectaculars – is not going to return instantly.
- The favored Park Hopper possibility is not going to be an possibility when the parks reopen.
New: Across the nation, the subject of face masks is extensively debated. That debate is moot contained in the gates of the Magic Kingdom. Disney has launched this steering for face coverings:
All face coverings (whether or not disposable or reusable) should:
- Be made with not less than two layers of breathable materials
- Totally cowl the nostril and mouth and safe underneath the chin
- Match snugly however comfortably in opposition to the aspect of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and permit the Visitor to stay hands-free
Additional, neck gaiters and open-chin triangle bandanas usually are not acceptable face coverings in Disney World, following steering from well being authorities. Disney has hinted that, not like at different theme parks, these guidelines can be enforced. Additionally they notice that face coverings usually are not an alternative choice to social distancing. Talking of which…
Although not particularly talked about, we anticipate social distancing steering (akin to ground markers) in queues for rides and points of interest, as was seen in Shanghai.
Maybe hardest of all, interactions with Disney characters can be socially distanced. Which makes us surprise: The way you inform a toddler (or an adolescent, or an grownup!) that they will’t hug Mickey Mouse??? We may even see Disney World reopening, however we are going to most likely see just a few tears alongside the way in which.
4:45 p.m: @skubersky bids farewell to Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. Seth has had greater than a full magical day of enjoyable on the park.
Make sure that to take a look at our story for a extra in depth have a look at Seth’s adventures and remaining ideas! https://t.co/qbQZR4fUG8 pic.twitter.com/9gFoIzxyY4
— USA TODAY Journey (@usatodaytravel) July 11, 2020
Up to date: Ticketing and Reservations
Anybody with tickets for Walt Disney World earlier than the world went on lockdown, or with a resort reservation, in addition to Annual Passholders, have been capable of reserve park entry instances earlier than any new tickets have been offered. In case you nonetheless have resort reservations in 2021, however now park reservations, you possibly can name to make reservations now, as detailed under. Supplied you continue to need to go to Walt Disney World this yr (or subsequent), new ticket gross sales are open once more. See under for extra particulars.
NEW: Disney Park Reservation System Opens
On 22 June, the brand new Park Reservation System opened for Walt Disney World. Initially, it’s only accessible for company with confirmed Disney lodge reservations and theme park tickets. Ticket and Passholders will have the ability to make reservations quickly. In keeping with Disney:
- Starting 22 June 2020, Disney Resort and different choose lodge Company with legitimate theme park admission could make park reservations.
- Starting 26 June 2020, Annual Passholders with out a Resort keep could make park reservations.
- Starting 28 June 2020, current ticket holders could make park reservations.
- When you’ve got a lodge reservation for 2021, however no theme park admission, you will have to name the Disney Reservation Center beginning on 24 June 2020 to improve to a package deal that features tickets, after which make your theme park reservations.
- By 28 June 2020, all Company will have the ability to buy new Disney Resort lodge packages and theme park tickets, and make their park reservations for arrivals beginning in 2021.
- Later this summer season, gross sales of 2020 tickets and Disney Resort lodge arrivals will resume, primarily based on availability of park reservations.
When making a brand new reservation, or including park admission to an current lodge reservation, Company will have the ability to see park reservation availability. This fashion, you gained’t make a reservation solely to seek out there are not any admission instances for that day. Nonetheless, as of twenty-two June, when the system opened, it confirmed no accessible at any park by means of 26 September 2021. That ought to change inside just a few days.
Hollywood Studios Sells Out
In case you have been hoping to attain reservations to go to Disney’s Hollywood Studios (little question to stay out your inside Insurgent Power fantasies), you’re most likely out of luck. On Day One, reservations for Hollywood Studios reached capability, not less than for the primary few days after the parks open.
With the extremely well-liked Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge, and newly-opened Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Hollywood Studios is the recent ticket at Disney World. It’s additionally the smallest of the parks, which suggests decrease capability for social distancing. In case your Disney dates are nonetheless down the street, you might have higher luck getting in, however make sure to make your reservations as early as attainable to enhance your ods.
No info but on when reservations will open for Disneyland.
Up to date: Rides, Sights, and Occasions at Disney World
As we get nearer to Disney World reopening, we’re studying extra about what’s going to and won’t be taking place within the parks.
Only a few particulars about how the parks will function have surfaced. Chief amongst them, although, is that the revolutionary FastPass+ system can be suspended in an effort to enable for queuing. This appears counter-intuitive; it appears to us that solely providing FastPass would remove the strains altogether. As company return to the parks, and Disney refines insurance policies and procedures, experience queues are more likely to be a spotlight level.
Additional Magic Hours & Social Distancing
Additionally on maintain are the beloved Additional Magic Hours. Among the finest perks of staying on website (at a premium versus close by accommodations) is the power to get into the parks early, or keep late. No phrase on when that profit may return.
Whereas rides and eating places can be open, there can be social distancing measures in place: Restaurant seating can be diminished by half, and rides can have empty seats to separate company. One assumes households can be allowed to take a seat collectively, maybe with empty rows between teams.
Attendance ranges are a query but to be answered, too. We all know that entry into the parks would require reservations after they re-open, however there’s no phrase on what number of reservations can be accessible every day. The bigger Disney World parks (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom) can deal with 80,000 each day guests. The expectation is that, not less than at first, attendance can be capped at lower than half of that. (Shanghai Disneyland was restricted by the federal government to one-third of capability.)
NEW: Rides & Sights
It seems that a lot of the main rides within the parks can be accessible when company are welcomed again. From Avatar Flight of Passage within the Animal Kingdom, to Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run in Hollywood Studios, to the Magic Kingdom’s Pirates of the Caribbean, traditional rides new and outdated can be operating. A whole listing is on the market on the Walt Disney World website.
Whereas parades and nighttime spectaculars are on maintain, the Character Cavalcades (or Character Cruises in Animal Kingdom) will happen all through the day at numerous instances in every park. Some stay leisure will return additionally: the Foremost Road Philharmonic within the Magic Kingdom, and in Epcot, performances on the American Gardens Theatre.
Among the hottest instances to go to Walt Disney World are throughout annual occasions and festivals. Some can be again, some is not going to. What we all know up to now:
- Epcot Worldwide Meals & Wine Competition will happen when Epcot opens in July.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween on the Magic Kingdom has been cancelled for 2020. As that typically leads proper into Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas, we’re waiting for information on that occasion.
Up to date: Eating Rooms & Eating Plans
When the parks have been shut down in March, all current eating plans and reservations for all the yr have been cancelled. That raises the apparent query: The place are we going to eat?
We are able to chill out, not less than just a little: Most of the eating venues within the parks and resorts can be open, and your Disney Eating Plan will nonetheless maintain you properly fed. The reservation system can be relaunched nearer to reopening, however when you had reservations, you will have to rebook these instances, when you can. When the system opens once more, we are able to make reservations with a 60-day window earlier than your go to, as an alternative of the 180-day window we used to get pleasure from. We’ve already realized that company arriving for the July 11 reopening at Walt Disney World can now make reservations by cellphone. As you may anticipate, maintain instances are reportedly very lengthy.
New: As for modifications to the eating rooms themselves, it’s anticipated that there can be some modifications. The restaurant on the Grand Floridian, for instance, now means that you can reserve your desk upfront and bypass the hostess stand. Ground markers point out one-way site visitors out and in of the eating room. Moreover, paper menus are changed by digital variations you possibly can learn in your smartphone.
Contained in the Magic Kingdom, the favored restaurant Be Our Visitor has dropped fast service meals, and is now desk service solely. Meaning sit down service can be accessible for lunch and dinner, however the restaurant will now not serve breakfast.
Up to date: Reopening Disneyland
This was the plan:
Precisely sixty-five years after the historic opening of Disneyland, the park gates will reopen on July 17, 2020! Plans nonetheless want state and native authorities approvals, however the tentative plan is for Disneyland and Disney California Journey parks to reopen on 17 July, with Disney’s Grand Californian Resort & Spa, and Disney’s Paradise Pier Resort reopening on 23 July. Forward of these dates, the Downtown Disney buying and eating district will start reopening on 9 July.
That modified when the State of California delayed issuing reopening protocols till after the 4th of July weekend. In a press release on Twitter, Disney Parks broke the information that the Disneyland Resort is not going to be opening in July as deliberate. Even worse, they don’t know but when they may have the ability to reopen, as a result of they don’t know when the State will launch protocols, or what extra steps the corporate must take.
The Coalition of Resort Labor Unions, which represents a dozen Disneyland Resort unions, and Unite Right here, one other union representing lodge and hospitality staff, had requested California Governor Gavin Newsom to delay the reopening. The teams mentioned they weren’t satisfied that “it’s protected to reopen the parks on Disney’s fast timetable.” Disney has reported “constructive discussions” and a few signed agreements with the unions, in keeping with USA Right this moment.
The Downtown Disney District will nonetheless reopen as deliberate on 9 July. The buying, eating, and leisure advanced was authorised earlier underneath California’s reopening pointers for eating places and retail.
— Disney Parks Information (@DisneyParksNews) June 25, 2020
When Disneyland reopens, it’ll have most of the identical restrictions and modifications as we anticipate to see at Disney World. Park capability can be considerably restricted utilizing the identical park reservation system. Much like Disney World, ticket gross sales and Annual Passport gross sales are on pause, and reservations have been cancelled. Company will want a brand new reservation upfront of entry.
Identical to Disney World, all the “massive group” gatherings, akin to parades and nighttime spectaculars, stay on maintain. These beloved however “excessive contact” character meet and greets can be paused, too. Rides can be restricted, and company can be reminded of social distancing pointers, each by signage and skilled forged members. Plus, masks can be required for many company.
Up to date: Disney Lodging
When visiting Walt Disney World, we love the enjoyable and comfort of staying “on property.” The truth that the reservation system has been paused, and there’s been little or no info concerning which accommodations can be open when, makes planning your Disney World or Disneyland getaway even more durable.
Disney has introduced that Disney Trip Membership properties at Walt Disney World can be accessible for Members and Company beginning 22 June. At the moment, Disney additionally introduced opening dates for choose different Disney resorts and accommodations, a few of which do have Trip Membership sections. We seen that Disney makes use of the phrase, “will start opening,” which we take to imply that availability could also be restricted. These opening dates are:
- Disney’s Grand Californian Resort & Spa, and Disney’s Paradise Pier Resort plan to reopen on 23 July.
- Disney World
- 22 June: Disney Trip Membership properties at Walt Disney World, and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- 29 July: Disney’s Caribbean Seashore Resort
- 12 August: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, and Disney’s Artwork of Animation Resort
- 24 August: Disney’s Yacht & Seashore Membership Resorts
- 21 September: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- 1 October: Disney’s Boardwalk Resort
- 14 October:Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Disney Trip Membership properties at Walt Disney World embody the Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Up to date Resort, Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, the Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo Home and Kidani Village), Disney’s Seashore Membership and Boardwalk Villas, Disney’s Previous Key West and Seratoga Springs Resorts, Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows, the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, and the stunning new Disney Riviera Resort.
You may discover many accommodations not on that listing. In keeping with Disney:
“Given the present scenario, there are some Disney Resort Lodges and different areas that aren’t, as of this time, being scheduled for reopening but. We’ll proceed to judge the scenario and reopen extra places when the atmosphere is true to take action.”
Provided that parks will open with diminished capability, it is smart that not all the on-property lodge rooms can be wanted. Since most reservations have been cancelled when Disney World closed in March, we anticipate the variety of cancelled reservations additionally performs into the opening of extra properties.
Earlier, we tried to start out a brand new reservation on the Port Orleans resort (for August 2020), and obtained a warning that lodge reservations are “at the moment unavailable.” Since then, Disney has introduced that company can start making new lodge and park reservations beginning 28 June.
The NBA at WDW
Making lodge reservations even more durable to return by, the NBA has introduced the 2020 season will resume with all video games performed at Disney World. Gamers and workers will all be housed on property, staying the Grand Floridian, Disney’s Yacht Membership Resort, and the brand new Destino Tower at Coronado Springs.
We predict that is sort of thrilling, actually. As basketball followers, this might current an incredible alternative to run into a few of our favourite gamers! We’re (not so) secretly hoping that internet hosting NBA video games – and different professional sports activities – at Disney World turns into an everyday factor.
Video games are scheduled to start in “the bubble” on the finish of July, however groups will start arriving on 7 July. In case you simply occur to be within the space, this article lists which groups are staying the place, with extra info and schedules in regards to the NBA in Walt Disney World. (We are able to’t assist however discover our hometown boys – the Dallas Mavericks – are staying on the Grand Floridian, one in all our favourite Disney resorts! So…we may even see you there!)
Up to date: Disney Across the World
You might be wandering about Disney’s different parks and properties, particularly after Shanghai Disneyland reopened in Could. Whereas specifics are few and much between, it’s protected to imagine we are going to see related restrictions and measures in any respect parks. Right here is the tentative schedule we’ve been capable of assemble from numerous studies:
- Hong Kong Disneyland reopened on 18 June 2020
- Tokyo Disney Resort (Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo DisneySea):
Second half of 20201 July 2020
- Disneyland Paris*:
September 202015 July 2020
*When Disneyland Paris begins its phased reopening, Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park can be open. Lodging reopening on the Paris resort will embody Disney Village, and Disney’s Newport Bay Membership lodge.
Disney operates a number of resort properties, which have additionally been shuttered in the course of the Coronavirus pandemic. Whereas the corporate has not posted a complete listing, we do know…
- Disney Trip Membership properties in Vero Seashore, Florida opened 15 June
- Disney Trip Membership properties in Hilton Head, South Carolina opened 15 June
- Disney’s Aulani Resort & Spa in Hawai’i stays closed; no reopening date has been decided.
Disney World Reopening: See You Actual Quickly!
Visiting Disney is a dream for many, from youngster to senior citizen. It’s onerous, generally, to place off a dream journey, however we are able to not less than begin planning our visits to the Magic Kingdoms as soon as once more. We’ll control developments, and replace this submit as warranted.
In case you handle to go to any of the Disney parks, particularly within the early days following reopenings, we’d love to listen to about your expertise within the feedback.
Thanks for studying alongside.